Yamaha APX600 Natural Acoustic Electric Guitar – $299.99
As an electric guitarist in the ’80s, if you wanted to play acoustic on stage there were few options available. In 1987, Yamaha made the first acoustic guitar that could be taken from a guitar rack, plugged in and played at volume, problem free; no more howling feedback, misplaced mics or dreaded extended sound checks.
The APX600 feature a unique undersaddle piezo pickup, the Yamaha proprietary SRT transducer featured in the highly-acclaimed A Series range, a natural tone and the feedback rejection and mix-friendly sound guitarists crave.
Although its style has evolved, the essence of the APX remains the same. Today, it boasts a more natural look, a deeper body for better bass response and greater volume and a scalloped bracing pattern for responsive, dynamic tone.
Combines all the attributes that made its predecessor, the APX500, one of the world’s best-selling, acoustic-electric guitars, along with a few comfort and cosmetic upgrades.
- Thinline Cutaway Body for Exceptional Playability
- 25″ Scale Length and Narrower String Spacing for Enhanced Comfort
- Bracing Pattern for Increased Bass Response
- Abalone Sound Hole Rosette
- Stage-Focused Pickup System for Shaping Your Sound in the Mix